Phew! Where did that week go?

Hello everyone,

This week has just flown by! We have done so many great things: We made up our story about Plop, we have have been doing lots of Bike and Read, we have written our Bat Fact Sheet, we have been junk modelling, we have learnt about people who work at night and we have made repeating pattern videos which Mr. Snell will judge on Monday. The winning video will be shown in assembly and the winning Wrens will get a prize from my prize box.

Next week we are going back to addition to take our next step which will be learning to count on from the first number. In our Letters and Sounds, the class have been split into two groups. “Franklin” group are learning Phase Three sounds and “Mind craft” Group are consolidation Phase Two sounds and practice “applying” their skills to reading and writing CVC words (cat, mat, vet, etc).

In our topic work, we are going to be learning about the planets and how the earth moves around the sun. This was one of the things the things the children wanted to know about – I had to do a bit of studying myself to get this right (Mrs Rogers, I know you will read this so perhaps you might want to refresh your memory on how this works also!).

If you have any more junk modelling, please send it in on Monday for our tray, the Wrens are really loving exploring joining.

Enjoy someĀ  photos from this week!