Term 3, here we go!

Happy New Year Wren Class Families! We have had a great start to the year. It was so lovely to see the Wrens after their holidays, they all seem to have grown so much. Thank you all for sending in the homework, it makes chatting about the holidays so much more fun and we love to see all the exciting things the children have been up to.

Our topic this term is “Discovering the Dark”. The children have given me a list of things they want to learn about, they include: the sun and the moon, how torches work, stars, nocturnal animals, people who work at night and  what makes it dark in the mornings. We have a lot to get through!

In our maths learning, we have been adding numbers together. The children are really becoming confident and this now and I will send out some home-learning on Friday so you can see how they are doing for yourself. Next week we are learning all about shapes. Could you please send me in any recycling you have at home on Monday so the children can begin to create models, (I will then send it back to you, it will just be in a different shape and have lots of tape on it).

In English next week we are creating “Bat Fact Sheets”. I will be tweeting a home challenge for you and your Wren to find our interesting things about bats. They get so excited about learning interesting facts and it is a great stimulus to get them writing.

The Wrens have been loving the Forest School learning and are great at embracing the mud. They are beginning to take more risks and are becoming much more confident grows with the outdoor equipment.

Please keep up with learning at home and practising reading/Letters and Sounds/number targets. It really does make a huge difference to your child’s rate of progress.  We will be changing books and hearing readers as usual on Monday so please send in books and reading folders. Also, if you have heard your child read, could you please write in the home/school diary as it is really useful information for me have when reading with them.

Term 3 Medium Term Plan